Vegan Pizza Mediterranean
A vegan pizza with a Middle Eastern twist. The muhammara (a delicious Syrian spread) is an original substitute for tomato sauce. Do you have any left? Then you can use it as a sandwich spread or dip.
We used the TerraSana peppers from a pot, but you can of course also grill your peppers yourself. Make sure they are somewhat soft before you grind them.
This is how you make it
- Gently squeeze the pieces of grilled pepper to remove as much moisture as possible. Place the peppers on clean tea towels and pat them dry as much as possible. Set aside 1 large piece of pepper for the topping.
- Place all the ingredients for the muhammara in the blender and blend for about ten seconds into a coarse mixture.
- Grill the red pepper and zucchini in a dry grill pan for 5 minutes.
- Top the pizza base with the muhammara, the grilled vegetables and a handful of cashew nuts.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with a handful of arugula and a drizzle of olive oil.