Barbecue jackfruit Bao Buns
- 200 g jackfruit (can), drained
- 2 tbsp ketjap manis
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200 g baby bok choy
- 100 g kimchi, drained and cut into strips
- 1 tbsp spirulina powder
- 100 ml vegan mayo Mayoneur
- 2 spring onions, cut into diagonal rings
- 4 gua bao rolls
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Preheat the oven grill to 200 °C. Pat the jackfruit dry with kitchen paper and brush it with the soy sauce. Brush the pak choi with a little oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
2. Place the jackfruit and pak choi on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil and roast for about 10 minutes. Turn the jackfruit and pak choi regularly and grill until they are nicely roasted. The jackfruit will be ready before the bok choy, so keep a close eye on it so the jackfruit doesn't burn.
3. Simultaneously steam the gua bao rolls according to the instructions on the package. Pull the jackfruit apart with two forks, it will look like pulled pork. Separate the pak choi leaves. Stir the spirulina into the Hellmann's Vegan and add a pinch of salt.
4. Cut open the gua bao rolls and brush the inside with the mayonnaise. Divide the kimchi, pulled jackfruit, bok choy and spring onions over it. Serve the BBQ jackfruit bao immediately.