Tomato Pesto Risotto
(For 2 persons)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 130 g risotto rice
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 20 g pine nuts
- 50 g rocket
- 40 g grattugiato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100 ml white wine
- pepper and salt
- Finely chop the onion and press the garlic. Heat half the olive oil in a large non-stick pan and gently fry the finely chopped onion and half the garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring 250 ml of water per person to the boil and dissolve the vegetable stock in it.
- Increase the heat and add the risotto rice to the onion. Cook for 1 minute and then add the white wine. Stir regularly until the wine has completely evaporated.
- Reduce the heat again and add a ladleful of the vegetable stock. Stir well and add another ladleful of vegetable stock when almost all the liquid has evaporated. Keep repeating this until all the stock has been absorbed.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cover a baking tray with baking paper and arrange the cherry tomatoes and thyme sprigs on it. Drizzle with the rest of the olive oil and spread the maple syrup over it. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the preheated oven for 12-13 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan without fat and roast the pine nuts until golden brown. Remove from the pan. For the pesto: coarsely chop half the arugula. Place the rest of the garlic, roasted pine nuts and the coarsely chopped arugula in a mortar and mash. Add half of the parmesan and the extra virgin olive oil and mix well until a homogeneous mass. If necessary, add 1 tablespoon of water per person. Season with salt and pepper.
- Taste whether the risotto is done. Remove from heat. Stir in the rest of the parmesan and let rest for another 1 minute. Spoon the risotto into plates and add the pesto. Finish with the roasted cherry tomatoes, the rest of the arugula and serve.