- 3 eggplants
- 150 g Tricolor quinoa from Pablo's Quinoa
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 200g diced tomatoes
- 1 can of brown lentils
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 5 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- 2 handfuls of pine nuts
- 2 handfuls of fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp tahini
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and place a sheet of baking paper on the oven tray.
- Wash the eggplants and dry them with a clean tea towel. Cut them in half lengthwise and then cut them crosswise. Brush the cut side of the aubergines with a little olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Place the eggplants on the oven tray and roast for 30-35 minutes, or until the inside is soft.
- In the meantime, make the filling. Cook the Tricolor quinoa according to the preparation method on the package and then set aside.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and cut the red pepper into pieces. Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic. This takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the red pepper, cumin powder, salt and pepper and fry briefly.
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces and add them, together with the tomato puree and canned tomato cubes. Let it simmer on a low heat until the eggplants are ready.
- Remove the eggplants from the oven. Then scrape out the inside with a spoon and add it to the filling and fry briefly.
- Rinse the brown lentils well and add them to the pan. Heat it briefly with the rest of the filling. Finally add the quinoa. Stir this well into the vegetables (sauce).
- Fill the eggplants with the quinoa filling. Garnish with pine nuts, fresh parsley and some tahini. Enjoy!